Americans' right to free speech should not be proportionate to their bank acounts.
What kind of nation are we when we give tax breaks to billionaires, but we can't take care of the elderly and the children?
If a bank is too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
People across the nation are coming together in support of Bernie Sanders, the Democratic Candidate who is quickly gaining support from grassroots movements. Currently a Senator for Vermont, he has spent the last 30 years as an independent politician, refusing money from corporate lobbyists and voting for what he believes is best for the American people. A self-described democratic socialist, he is bringing people of all walks of life together, with the noble purpose of reform in favor of the American people, particularly the lower and middle class.
"This campaign is not about Bernie Sanders. It is about a grassroots movement of Americans standing up and saying, 'Enough is enough.' This country and our government belongs to all of us, not just a handful of billionaires."
-Senator Bernie Sanders
The #ShowMeBernie movement has begun in Southwest Missouri, and very likely in other areas of the state as well. Appropriately titled for the Show Me State, we are part of the nationwide grassroots movement in favor of Bernie Sanders for President in 2016. We are joining with other local and national groups in order to gain momentum for Sanders' campaign. We have also partnered with similar groups in the Springfield, MO area to work together, branch out, and spread awareness.
So why support Bernie Sanders for President in 2016?
1. Senator Sanders is committed to ending political corruption by overturning Citizens United.
“It's a real undermining of American democracy... because the candidates they support will help the rich and powerful, and will ignore the need of the middle class."
2. He proposes such radical ideas as reinvesting in America, by employing millions of Americans right here at home rather than sending more jobs overseas. His proposal is slated to create 13 Million New Jobs over 5 Years.
3. Sanders plans to give willing students four years of free college tuition at any public university, one more step to bridging the gap between the shrinking middle class and the wealthy.
4. He sees that many in the lower and middle classes are financially drowning, while Bush-era tax exemptions did nothing to help skyrocketing government debt (currently over $18 Trillion.). Consequently, the Senator has proposed a tax on the top 1%, the Millionaires and Billionaires who have profited from previous legislation.
5. He is committed to a healthier America through strict pollution regulations, healthcare reform, and decriminalization of non-harmful drugs.
6. He has consistently voted against the Patriot Act, in favor of citizens' privacy, and has called for its reform.
These are just a few of the many reasons we have banded together in support of Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2016. We hope you will join us at our events, discussions, donations, or simply by signing up for our newsletter. Watch us move this country. And please, #ShowMeBernie.